Robert Ferguson Primary School, East Dale Street, Denton Holme, Carlisle, CA2 5LA 01228 535091 Headteacher Mr Graham Frost BEd (Hons) NPQH MA
The Governance Handbook states that all governing boards, no matter what type of schools or how many schools they govern have three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Also, Governors are often in school attending celebration assemblies, fundraising events, curriculum events and training sessions. This involvement enhances their knowledge of the work of the school and helps in their decision making. If you are interested in finding out more about being a governor, please contact Mrs Esther Blake, our Chair of Governors, or Mr G Frost, Headteacher.
The constitution of our governing board is as follows:
- One representative governor appointed by the local Education Authority.
- Three parent governors: Stuart Cooper, Wendy Mckay, Hannah Heslop.
- One staff governor: Justine Davidson.
Six co-opted governors: Kate Davidson, Simon Doyle (our Vice-Chair of Governors), Esther Blake, Alan Johnston, Mari Holliday, 1 vacancy.